The dental crown is a kind of “hard hat” covering completely the external portion of the teeth and cemented to it. It is a good solution when the teeth presents fractures, was the object of a root canal treatment or fillings occupies more than 50% of the teeth volume.
Made of natural looking porcelain it improves your overall smile and blend in with your own tooth while holding the teeth firmly and protecting it.
A dental crown may be used
- To preserve a weakened tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a broken tooth;
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that show too much wear;
- To shield and hold a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t much tooth left;
- To support a dental bridge in place;
- To conceal seriously discolored or malformed teeth
- To dress up a dental implant To make a cosmetic modification